Microsoft (Contract) | Oct, 2017 – Present | Redmond, WA
Short term contract to do research on Xbox systems and accessories.
Microsoft (Contract) | Apr, 2017 – Jun, 2017 | Redmond, WA
Short term contract to do research on various parts of Microsoft’s Visual Studios Team Service software.
University of Washington | Jan, 2016 – Feb, 2017 | International
Won $20000 through writing an essay and traveled solo to the countries of India, Nepal, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, China, Tibet, Japan, Mongolia, Russia, Czech Republic, France, Belgium, and Ireland.
– bought and rode an old Honda motorcycle from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, Vietnam.
– Learned how to play Sitar for a month in the holy city of Varanasi, India.
– Stayed on a 5km private beach in Myanmar for weeks.
– Family bonding with my Mom and sister in Thailand.
– Spent 8 days trekking in the Himalayas to Gosaikunda, also known to be the birth place of lord Shiva.
– Helped a girl open a cafe for English language students in Wenjiang, China.
– Helped build a house in remote Tibet.
– Learned how to ride horses in Mongolia.
– Rode the Trans-siberian Railway from Beijing to Moscow.
– Learned basic Russian & Mandarin.
This was an absolutely life defining, transformative experience. Being a user experience researcher, empathy is the basis to understanding an audiences needs. Over the entirety of 2016 I trained in building my empathy towards people from all over the world.
Microsoft (Contract) | Nov, 2014 – Jan, 2016 | Redmond, WA
Xbox Hardware develops Xbox One consoles, controllers, and accessories. As a design researcher, I primarily designed and moderated usability tests on Xbox One hardware and accessories including the XboxElite
Controller and the Xbox One S.
-Design, moderate, analyze, and report usability tests
-Survey design, interviews, market research, competitive analysis
-Large scale (50+ participant) customer acceptance testing
User Experience Researcher
Virtuoso | Jan, 2014 – Nov, 2014 | Seattle, WA
Virtuoso is the leading luxury travel advisor network. As a UX researcher, my focus was integrating UX research into a, agile environment to provide high value, actionable findings.
-Design , moderate, & report usability tests
-Product team analytics and A/B testing lead
-Wireframes & mockups of homepage redesign and mobile application
-Photoshop photo touchups
-Internal accounting tool design & usability
M.S., Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington | Sep, 2013 – Jun, 2015 (3.8 / 4.0)
Project based courses on human-computer interaction with a foucs on user centered design and qualitative & quantitative research methods.
B.S., Cognitive Psychology
SUNY Fredonia, New York | Aug, 2009 – May, 2013 (3.8 / 4.0)
Independent research: Altering the Contents of our Wandering Minds, Optimism as a Predictor of Complacency, The Power of Influence, and Hard and Easy Problems of Consciousness